Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Cutting Box

A long time ago I read about this idea somewhere to make a cutting box. I thought maybe I saw it in Family Fun, but I couldn't find it on their site, so I'm not sure. Anyway, the idea was to have a box with paper in it that it was okay for the child to cut on and for the scissors to be attached to the box so they wouldn't be getting lost all the time--something we have a big problem with around here! Lately Jack has been asking to cut paper a lot, so it was time to make our cutting box.

I used a small box with cut outs for handles and covered it with white contact paper since I didn't know how great it would look for my kid to be pictured hanging out with a Boulevard Beer box. (Just so you know, the linked one makes great beer bread!)

Jack got to work with some stickers.

The finished product. The string is longer, but it is tucked inside so the cat doesn't try to drag it off.

Inside we have all kinds of paper for him to cut on! Hopefully this will get him to practice a little more with his scissors.

No comments: