Sunday, March 23, 2008

Eight Weird Things

A few days ago, Tiffany tagged me to share eight weird things about myself. Since I can't upload pictures tonight, I thought this would be a good time to do it!
  1. I have never eaten an apple. I have eaten them in things and I did once take a bite of an apple slice (is there anything I won't do for my child??), but I have never just taken a bite of an apple. I don't like crunchy foods.
  2. I am a library school dropout.
  3. I won a math competition in 6th grade.
  4. I won Outstanding Biology Student in 10th grade. (Let's pause to give Jay time to stop laughing here. That one is one of his favorites.)
  5. I had liked the name "Jack Henry" for a boy for quite a while--turns out it is the name of Jay's grandpa. Only ten years and one month later (yes, we're pretty quick around here!), we had our very own Jack Henry.
  6. My best friend from all the way back in elementary school held one of my legs while I was in labor so Jay would be free to deliver Jack. Our upstairs neighbor was the delivery tech. That made me feel a little weird when I would run into him at the mailbox.
  7. I got my first teaching job at the school my mom left when she had me. Down the hall were two of my dad's high school classmates and the principal was my 8th grade algebra teacher's daughter.
  8. The most gorgeous dress I own is a colonial dress I had made for school. What's weird is I really thought I could still fit into it when I was 4.5 months pregnant. (Jay got a big kick out of that experience, too, I think, though he tried to seem sympathetic.)

So there are my eight weird things. Though I am sure some of you can think of plenty more right off the tops of your heads, I have had to think hard about these! If you have a blog and you haven't done this one, consider yourself tagged!

No comments: