Tuesday, July 1, 2008

National Ice Cream Month

Just in case you didn't know, July is National Ice Cream Month. Rejoice! Today we took a tour of the Braum's Family Farm. If you are not from Oklahoma, let me clue you in: people here love Braum's. They are only located within 300 miles of their farm in Tuttle, OK, so obviously we didn't have them in Omaha. One day my friend Rachel thought it would be really funny to call me from a Braum's drive-thru while she was ordering Cappuccino Chunky Chocolate. The joke was on her, though, because they were out. Also, when I was in elementary school, I had a Braum's t-shirt featuring Ernest P. Worrell. Yes, really. Anyway, Braum's = good stuff.

The Braum's farm is in Tuttle, home of OU's own Man of Steel, Jason White. When I was looking at the map, it didn't look too far, but believe me, it is in the middle of nowhere, mostly because the farm takes up about 10,000 acres. The view from my window on the way in:

We watched a little movie about Braum's and had some ice cream bars.


Then we rode the bus out to the factory.

We weren't supposed to take pictures of the machinery, so most of my tour shots look like this:

The farm

On the way back to the welcome center Jack and Nicholas sat on their own. Jack said the bus was his favorite part.

Now you have 30 days left in which to celebrate. I am looking forward to trying one of the eight new flavors--if I can ever find it. Homeschool Share also has a free ice cream unit and lapbook! So get started now!!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

OMG I completely forgot about that! What was that like 4 or 5 years ago??? I'll never forget the time MIL and FIL brought me 4 1/2 gallon in dry ice. Whew, so glad that I live here now!!!

Amber said...

I am originally from OK, but the Navy takes us far away. :( But whenever I get the chance to roll into OKC the two places I must eat at are Braums and City Bites!!