Monday, December 29, 2008

Shu Flots

Today was flu shot (or as Jack called them in a state of panic, shu flots) day. It will probably come as no surprise to many of you, but I am pretty pro-vaccination. For some reason, though, I have the hardest time actually following through on flu shots. In fact, when I got our records today, I saw that the last time I had one was 2003 (when I was pregnant), and Jack only got one his first winter. Oops. I will try to remember to get us all in when next year rolls around. Really.

Jack was determined to go first--he told me that the scaredest one always goes first--and he cried a little, but did pretty well. Jay's former tech was the one giving the shots, so she let him pick out an extra sticker. After my shot, he chose a sticker for me, too. The torture of the whole experience subsided when we went to Target afterward and Jack got to spend some of his money on another Planet Hero. Yippee!

May you all have a happy, healthy flu season!

No comments: