Saturday, February 28, 2009

Vacation

We've been on vacation in our hometown for the past week. It wore me out. Here's the blow by blow I know you've all been waiting for!

Saturday: Jack and I left Saturday to go to my parents' house. Between filling up the car, getting lunch, going back to get some forgotten toys, and dealing with a cat who hates to travel, we got on the road 47 minutes after we first got in the car. Jack spent the rest of the day playing with his cousins and I went to my sister's house to scrapbook.

Sunday: More of the above. Jay came into town.

Monday: Jay and I spent the morning meeting with the builder. We signed a contract on the new house. It is really weird that you can be spending that much money and you just fill in the blanks on a form. Afterward, we went to the bank to make sure they still wanted to give us the money we just agreed to pay. They do. Our appraisal went through, and once a few paperwork things are taken care of, we should be ready to start!

After that, we went to my grandma's house for lunch. Jack got his own chocolate pie.

Later in the afternoon we headed to the hotel. Jay's former neighbor was nice enough to get us the friends and family deal--thanks again, Rachel! They had a play area that was about three feet deep at the deepest part. We had the whole pool to ourselves almost the entire time we were there. Jack loved it!




Tuesday: We spent the morning goofing off and watching Scooby-Doo at the hotel before meeting Jay's sister and her fiance for lunch. Then it was back to the hotel for more swimming.

That evening we had dinner at Incredible Pizza and then swam some more.

Jack had his own queen-sized bed. He only had to share with Spots, the dog he made at Build-a-Bear (where he has never actually built a bear) that afternoon.


Wednesday: We went to Taco Bueno with my parents and then headed to a new kids' museum.




That night we went to Jay's parents' house and Jack got to play with some of his favorite animals. (I guess I never got my camera out after we left the museum, because this is where the pictures stop.)

Thursday: Jay headed home and Jack and I went back to my parents'. That night we went to Zio's with my parents and my sister and her family.

Friday: Jack and I went back to my grandma's to have lunch. We made it back to our house around 3:30. I slept like a rock last night and I have done eight loads of laundry since we got back. Vacation can be rough!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the new picture at the top....looks like spring. We never told the kids what happened to the baby birds.....the crows got them! Hated that! I was hoping they'd get to watch them learn to fly! So much for nature! RWBGMA