Monday, March 2, 2009

Happy Birthday. Dr. Seuss!

You have to wonder what's going on when your mom hands you your breakfast and it's the wrong color and on fire. Today was Dr. Seuss's birthday, of course! After reading Green Eggs and Ham, Jack was willing to play along. (Ignore the fact that those pajamas look pretty wintery. Jack can't read yet, so he didn't see yesterday's post.)

We did some green eggs and ham math with an activity I found at Hubbard's Cupboard. Jack is pretty good at adding smaller numbers in his head, but this was his first time to try writing out the problem.


After he got tired of writing the numbers, Jack gave me some problems to solve.


Later we read Hop on Pop and practiced combining sounds to make words. I'm sure that has a more technical name, but I was an elementary major, not early childhood, so I don't know what it is. He enjoyed this and it made me think that I need to get Reading Made Easy back out because I think he would do pretty well with it now.


The Crafty Crow had some different activities listed that I am hoping I remember next year. In the mean time, I have a four year old who is speaking in rhyme to remind me!

No comments: