Sunday, May 10, 2009

Fifteen Years, Fifteen Songs


1. Fire and Ice--Jenny Labow (1994)
I know you have your point of view
May not always be what I had wanted to be you
Fire and ice go together in my eyes

2. In Your Eyes--Peter Gabriel (1994)
In your eyes
I see the doorway to a thousand churches
In your eyes
The resolution of all the fruitless searches

3. Heaven's Heart--Michelle Tumes (1995/1999)
Heaven's hope was written in the stars before the mark of time
Your heart and mine were destined to entwine
~
Though the road I take may wander,
Love will always lead me home

4. Bring It On Home To Me--Sam Cooke (1996)
If you ever change your mind about leaving,
leaving me behind...
Bring it on home to me

5. White Flag--Dido (1997)
I will go down with this ship
I won't put my hands up and surrender
There will be no white flag above my door

6. We've Got Tonight--Bob Seger (1998)
We've got tonight, who needs tomorrow?
Let's make it last, let's find a way

7. Save Tonight--Eagle Eye Cherry (1998-2000)
Tomorrow comes to take me away
I wish that I, that I could stay

8. As Is--Ani DiFranco (2000)
I've got no illusions about you
Guess what?
I never did
When I said,
when I said I'll take it
I meant,
I meant as is.

9. Closer--Dido (2002)
The closer you get, the better I feel
The closer you are, the more I see
Why everyone says that I look happier
When you're around

10. Enjoy the Silence--Depeche Mode (2004)
All I ever wanted, all I ever needed,
is here in my arms.

11. Monk Theme Song--Jeff Beal (2006)

12. Easy Silence--Dixie Chicks (2007)
I just want to hold on to the
Easy silence that you make for me
It's okay when there's nothing more to say to me
And the peaceful quiet you create for me
And the way you keep the world at bay for me

13. Beyond My Wildest Dreams--Mark Knopfler & Emmylou Harris (2008)
I'd drive a thousand miles
Haul a trailer of tears
Just to see you smile
And as the dawn appears
At the edge of the night
There's still a light that gleams
Beyond my wildest dreams

14. My Baby Loves Me--Martina McBride (2008)
He thinks I'm pretty, he thinks I'm smart
He likes my nerve and he loves my heart
He's always saying he's my biggest fan
My baby loves me just the way that I am

15. Freedom--Akon (2009)
Freedom, freedom...
Everything I have, everything I own,
All my mistakes...you already know

3 comments:

Denise said...

Very cool, congratulations!

Manny said...

Love the post! Congratulations on 15.

Melissa Stover said...

that's neat. i'm not a big music person so i never really identify songs with years. but i know some people strongly associate music with certain times in their lives.