Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Terrible Mother

I'm going to confess that I have become a terrible mother. I am pretty sure it has something to do with the fact that I'm now seven times the size of the average human and have water balloon feet, nerve problems in my hands, and am somewhat narcoleptic. We've only got 2.5 to 3.5 weeks until the baby comes, though, so I am really trying to do things with Jack while he's the one and only for just a little longer.
Monday I took him to the mall. This was a bit self-serving since I had a Bath & Body Works coupon I wanted to use, but he always enjoys playing in the kids area and I let him throw all of my pennies into the fountain.

When we got home, we were excited to see that our ladybug larvae had finally arrived!

Jack finally learned to blow up a balloon and I looked every time he said, "Look!" All 436 times.

I had Jay hook up the hose so I could spray Jack in the afternoons like he's been begging to do for a week. This is not so bad since I can just sit in the lawn chair and aim.

Today we went to the zoo. For five hours. This actually wasn't too bad since the weather was so nice. We sat in the front row for the sea lion show.

Playing in the mister

A couple of scary dinosaurs!

4 comments:

Denise said...

I know for a fact you are NOT a terrible mother!

Angela said...

I can NOT BELIEVE you are almost due and spent five hours at the zoo! Are you crazy? Surely all that walking will make something happen in the labor area?!?!? I can't even begin to imagine how swollen your feet were that night! Poor thing! Supermom!

Robyn said...

You are the furthest thing from a terrible mother. Maybe tired, exhausted, and pregnant. But terrible?? No. :)

Anonymous said...

Actually, she has some documented deficiencies.
-DHS