Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tis the Season!

You know how you can find all of those Christmas open houses on blogs? The ones where everyone's home is decorated like Dillard's and all the lighting is perfect and soft? You're not going to find my house on there this year. I actually put away some decorations already since I realized I just wasn't going to get them put up this year. In the mean time, here are a few Christmas season goings-on...

Above is the plate Jack painted a couple of weeks ago. I need to remember to coat his hand with paint next time since here it kind of looks like the ghost of Santa.

Who's looking so festive on that parade float? Yes, it's Jay! We had to dig out his BDUs (actually, ABUs, but whatever) so he could ride on my cousin's son's Cub Scout float.

We went to see the scenes from The Nutcracker Suite last week. They have been around since I was a kid!

Christmas lights at Myriad Gardens

Decorating the Christmas tree--we got a new one this year.

We've been baking, too, with a little help from Alice.

I hope you are enjoying the season, too!

No comments: