Sunday, April 4, 2010

More Happy Easter!

Easter began really early here. It wasn't completely intentional; Alice woke up about 20 minutes before my alarm was going to go off, which was much earlier than normal. This picture was taken after breakfast when I was getting the kids dressed. Looks like I shouldn't have thought it was so ridiculous when Jay suggested the sunrise service.

Poor Jack was getting sweaty by the time we got home, but he was awfully cute anyway.

Alice seemed happy enough with her first Easter dress. In case you're wondering, these pictures are cropped due to crazy faces (the kids) and someone who never wants his picture on the blog (Jay).

This is the only shot I got with the kids and their baskets. Alice got new jammies, a snack cup, and some Playmobil people. Jack got Legos, a new I Spy book, a Pound Puppy, and a jump rope.

As soon as we got back from church, Jack got started on his Lego car.

Jay's parents came over for lunch and afterward, we went outside to try out the new planes they brought Jack.

Alice finally made friends with Nana.

On a completely materialistic, totally non-spiritual note, I am thankful for my dining room. In the old house, if you wanted to have a nice dinner, you had to dig out the nice dishes from the garage and hunt down the serving pieces and linens from the top of the craft closet--which involved moving everything out of the bottom of the closet so you could get a chair in there to climb on. Here I can just pull dishes out of the hutch or the pantry and usually the placemats are already in the drawers. I love not having to sweat--literally--trying to get the table ready!

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!

No comments: