Sunday, July 11, 2010

Vacation: Tuesday

Tuesday morning the kids slept until 8:00. I don't think this has ever happened before. Alice is usually up around 6:30 and Jack doesn't stay in bed long after that.

I packed for the kids in bags. There was a bag for each day--or each part of the day, depending on what we were doing. I think I saw this on Deleise's blog. It made things so much easier for me!

Our first stop was the zoo. Jack loves the new Children's Zoo.

Alice seems to like it, too!

This is just weird. Even the baby knows it.

Storytime at the zoo!

And of course, the kids had to get soaked in the splash area. Knowing my kids, I had a bag of extra clothes with me so Jack wouldn't have to go to class soaking wet.


Feeding time for the alligators--that's a dead rat on the end of the stick.

When we got to the museum, Alice was still asleep, so I toured the Chocolate exhibit on loan from the Field Museum. It was really interesting. It was also the first time I've ever seen anything in this museum without a child pulling on me.

After Alice woke up, she did a little exploring. She liked most of the things Jack liked at that age.

After class, we went to the Lego store. Jack and Alice each got some new Legos and Jack
decided to spend some of his own money on some custom Lego people. He had a fun time picking out all the different parts.

On our way back to the hotel we got caught in a horrible rainstorm. Streets were flooding and I was sure our car was going to stall. It took us an hour and a half to get back--about three times longer than it would have normally. You know it was bad because I didn't even get out the camera--I was gripping the steering wheel too hard!

More vacation pictures tomorrow!


No comments: