Monday, July 25, 2011

Mysteries of the Universe

There are a lot of things I don't understand about the world. Why do bad things happen to good people? How can people stand lima beans? Why do I like to start huge projects that I have no desire to complete?

This was what my back hall looked like for quite a while this summer. I dragged every tub of school stuff I had inside and got it all out. I went through every book, folder, and piece of paper. After about three weeks, I was able to take the newly organized and labeled tubs back to the garage--except for the two I just can't bring myself to finish. I love me some early American history, but if I have to look through one more handout on the Susan Constant to see if I already have something with the same information, I.will.scream. So it sits.


Next week I'm taking the kids out of town so Jack can go to camp. And I've decided that the entire house should be clean by then. I certainly wouldn't want Jay and Boris to be bothered by dust on the top of the entertainment center--What if 21 months is as long as they can stand that? And the first month of school should be planned before we go, too, even if we have two more weeks after we get back to work on that. (And even then, it's not like we have to start on a certain date.) And while I'm at it, I should have all the stuff ready for the consignment sale. Maybe I should have decided these things before this morning...

No comments: