Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Life, Interrupted

We've been going like crazy lately. Not necessarily things I had planned, but that's how it goes sometimes.

We took advantage of the lovely weather one day and hit the splash pad.

Much to Jack's delight, we ended up on the news that evening--for a story about smoke in the area, not because of Alice, who is mysteriously missing in the video they aired.

Later in the week the weather was cold and rainy and the printer/scanner broke, throwing off our plans to make a family tree, so we took some friends up on their invitation to go to an indoor play place.

Some days call for leaving schoolwork behind for impromptu concerts.

Can you really concentrate on your assignments when there is a black light room calling your name?

Monday we used our free aquarium tickets, which were a day away from expiring. The aquarium is pretty expensive and we hadn't been in a year, so we didn't want them to go to waste.

This is the first week we've had all of our regular activities going. Jack has speech twice a week, a geography class every other week, and PE once a week.

And then there are the cars...Jay got home Monday night to find that his car wouldn't turn off. He took my car to work Tuesday and called to say that it scared him, so we may be back at a garage or a dealership soon--I kind of hope it's the garage, because I've had this car for nine years and I may look like this when it goes.

Now Canon has sent me a new printer, Jay's car is running (and turning off) fine, and I think we've finally caught up on the odds and ends from the last couple of books we've rowed. Hopefully I will get everything into Jack's notebook soon and I will share what we've been doing!

1 comment:

April said...

I'm glad to know we aren't the only ones who have weeks like that! Glad everything has smoothed out.