Friday, October 21, 2011

Friday Fun: Camping

Friday Fun actually started on Thursday night this week. The kids went camping in Grandma and Grandpa's yard!

I'm not sure if I like this picture or not, because Jack looks really old in it! They liked tossing logs (and leaves and walnuts and anything else) on the fire.

Alice and Piers got chilly, so they warmed up in the camper with Grandpa.

It was not so chilly that you didn't get roasted along with your marshmallows, though.

After the sun went down the campfire felt good!

Jack and Hope told some spooky stories.

They look ready for bed, don't they?

Well, they weren't! Thankfully my mom was the photographer here and I was inside with Alice, who fell asleep while the big kids were watching a movie. You know I was really sad to be sleeping inside and not out where the temperatures were in the 30s!

The kids all lasted the night in the camper, but they had a LOT of blankets on!

Alice was up bright and early (well, dark and early, really) and couldn't wait for the big kids to get up and play with her.

The kids spent the morning playing. I got to go grocery shopping all by myself!

Grandpa brought lunch from Sonic!

Thanks, Grandma and Grandpa for a super fun Friday!

No comments: