Friday, October 14, 2011

Friday Fun

Way back in the dark ages when I was teaching, we had Friday Fun Time. Really this was just an extra recess on Friday afternoon designed to get squirrely children outside and give teachers a little bit of extra time to get some things done before the weekend. I'm trying something a little different.

I'm trying to plan something fun for each Friday--not necessarily going somewhere, because that can make me want to pull my hair out some days. A craft, a snack, just something a little different from the rest of the week.

Today we listened to "It Came From Beneath the Bed!" and made tissue paper candy corns. These are going to look really neat when the sun shines through them!

After baths this evening, we had pumpkin pie shakes.

And to wrap things up, we watched Spooky Buddies. Not exactly high art, but Jack LOVES these movies and has been looking forward to this one.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

5+2=1 said...

oh my crew love all the 'buddies' movies too, a friend of mine does 'making mondays' :)