Sunday, November 6, 2011

Maybe Not Such A Good Idea

Along with the under counter lighting, I love my kitchen cabinets. Suddenly, though, glass stuff sitting on glass shelves behind glass doors doesn't seem like the best decision.

Last night I was about to shut down the computer when I heard a rumble. I didn't think a lot of it because sometimes we get some pretty big trucks on our road. When things started to shake, though, I knew it wasn't a truck. For at least 30 seconds, the whole house shook--I could hear the dishes rattling in the kitchen the whole time. When it stopped, I ran upstairs to check on the kids (who slept through it). Jay and I turned on the news and it seems we had a 5.6 earthquake!

Really, tornadoes aren't too bad. You have at least a brief warning that something's going to happen. I could live the rest of my life without another earthquake, though!

No comments: