Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Artist Study: Van Gogh

Our artist for January was Vincent Van Gogh!

Jack recognized several of his paintings, and even Alice recognized this one, since it's in our bedroom.

Jack really enjoyed the book on the right and also the Getting to Know... DVD.

A few other books we have on Van Gogh. Alice really enjoys the Touch the Art books.

I picked both of these up at our museum gift shop.

I picked this book up at a Scholastic sale a while back and we have used it quite a bit!

I will confess that I thought about getting some oil paints for the kids to try out, but things have been so hectic lately that I couldn't bring myself to add that into the mix. We always like oil pastels, though!

Our original purpose in going to the museum last week was to see a Van Gogh. After a while, I couldn't find it and asked someone, only to find out that it had been on loan and had been returned. There is a Van Gogh at the museum we used to go to in Norman, though, so he has seen a Van Gogh, even if he doesn't remember it! We did find this painting that had a lot of similar qualities to Van Gogh's paintings!

A few other resources:

"I am seeking, I am striving, I am in it with all my heart." ~ Vincent Van Gogh

No comments: