Saturday, March 17, 2012

Saturday Fun

A certain child woke me up early to check leprechaun traps.

He was thrilled to find the note and treasure, and inside two of the traps were tiny leprechauns!

For breakfast we (kind of) had Lucky Charms. My kids don't really understand cereal. Jack won't put milk on it and just picked out the marshmallows and some of the cereal. Alice gave the milk a go but gave up after a few bites.

We went hiking today at Redbud Valley.

We've visited Oxley before, and this is not like Oxley. This is the main trail. Poor Jay carried Alice quite a bit.

Eventually it levels out. The kids would yell every time they saw a cactus.

Break time!

Then it got a little rocky again...

I'm not sure how far this cave goes. I'm not sure I want to know.



Getting towards the end...The kids did a great job!

The naturalist at the Visitor Center showed the kids a snake skin.

We wrapped up our outing with a stop at the Blue Whale!

I think we're done with our Route 66 travels now, so it's time for me to get to work!

No comments: