Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Jesus Storybook Bible

 When I was writing a post (to come later at MetroFamily) about what worked for us this year, I realized I had never blogged about the Jesus Storybook Bible.

 At the beginning of the year I sat down with a calendar and mapped out what we needed to cover when in order to be at the Christmas and Easter stories at Christmas and Easter.  It worked out to one to two stories a week and fit the year perfectly.

 Sometimes we did a craft, or sometimes the kids colored a page while I read.  (We have this book that I think I got at Mardel for $5 a few years ago and it had pages for most of the stories in the Jesus Storybook Bible.)

(Alice's rainbow craft when we read about Noah)
I liked this because it was simple and Alice could participate, too.  Next year we are going to use the What's In the Bible? DVDs.

Watch your Madel ads and you can find the book/CD pack for around $10-$15!

No comments: