Monday, May 21, 2012

Truman's Aunt Farm

 We recently finished up Truman's Aunt Farm.

 We didn't do a lot of written work since much of the insect information was a review.  I brought up the " Head-Thorax-Abdomen" song from an old zoo class, but Jack had forgotten it.
(Ants printable from HSS.)

See the homophone riddles?  I made those myself using the lapbook pieces that you can type on from HSS!  Become an email subscriber to the HSS blog and you can get this great resource FREE!

 These pages came from the Evan-Moor Giant Science Resource Book.  It's a bit pricey, but I have used this (I have the e-book version) for years now, so I think it's worth it!

 Some more insect books we used.

 And of course we took our insect field trip!  (This picture makes me laugh!)

 Last week we also noticed that some wasps had built their nests in Jack's window birdhouse.  It was neat to see them so close up, but it was hard to get a good picture!

 We also took some time for some word play.  Antics! is a great book even for older kids and adults because some of the words are pretty difficult.

I found these at the library and Jack loved reading through them and quizzing me.

We're wrapping up our school year now with The Glorious Flight!

No comments: