Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The LEGO Party

 Jack is pretty much obsessed with LEGOS.  Since I am not good at coming up with original ideas, I'm thankful that there are lots of other LEGO obsessed boys with much more creative moms out there!  None of the ideas here are my own, but you can find details on my party and LEGO pinterest boards.

 We had a morning party and served breakfast foods.  It's kind of fitting that I can't get this picture to rotate because the whole morning was filled with goof-ups like this!

 See the jar of LEGOs in the back right?  Remember the centerpiece I showed you before?  I was going to do the same thing, but it seems I'm not too great at tying knots with slippery string.

 Yeah.  They were on the jar for all of about two minutes.

 Water balloons, of course!

 We also had a guessing game.

 Opening presents!  In the background are the party favors.  I made little minifigure cutouts and Jay hid them around the yard.  The kids looked for them and then exchanged their minifigure for a gift bag.  I lucked out and got a couple of the LEGO Party Packs on clearance and we made some crayons with a silicone mold.  I also was able to find the clearance LEGO stickers I got a couple of years ago for .10 per pack!

 I can't find a link for it, but this cake idea came from a recent issue of Family Fun.  It was actually one of the easiest cakes I've made, which was nice since I didn't start it until a couple of hours before the party.  And then I forgot about serving it until I overheard a kid mention cake.  Jack had to go back over to the neighbor's house and ask if they wanted to come back for cake!


The crew--minus 2 that left before I thought of taking a group shot!  Thanks for coming to celebrate our LEGO Maniac!

No comments: