Monday, January 28, 2013

Cooking School: Blueberry Pancake Day

 My kids are always wanting to cook--this is a picture from the evening they made us Krabby Patties.  Truly, I don't like to have them cook.  It stresses me out that they will burn themselves or spill everything everywhere and when they do try it, I realize I am a huge control freak.

One of my goals for this year, though, is to have them cook more.  Today was Blueberry Pancake Day, so that's what we made!  (You can find out about awesome days like this with the fun calendars on the Homeschool Share Blog!)


 One of the books I purchased to work toward this goal was Pretend Soup.

 I got this book because it has lot of pictures so Alice can follow along.  I have Honest Pretzels (by the same author) in my Amazon cart now because I think it will have some things Jack will enjoy more.

 
 They scooped and measured.

 And they poured.

 The first one looked like a crepe, so we added some more flour and tried again.

Perfection!

No one was burned (too badly) and no one made a huge mess.  All in all, a big success!

No comments: