Friday, March 1, 2013

This Friday

 This Friday was not a fun one.  It was the day of my Great Aunt Nettie's funeral.  She and my grandma are twins--my grandma couldn't tell which was which in this picture.

She and my grandma did almost everything together.  You've seen her on here before, like the time we had a Mar-Gra's night, or just on ordinary days.

 It's sad for us that she's not here anymore, but she is in a better place and we are better for having had her in our lives.

On a less somber note, we watched Horton Hears a Who.  That little creature that inflates and floats off is weird.  I had a vague recollection of people saying they didn't like it, but I couldn't remember why, but then I remembered it was because of the psycho homeschooling (or pouchschooling) kangaroo.  So please know we're not all crazy.  At least most of the time we're not.

Happy Friday!  I'll be back later this weekend to share some fun stuff we did with trains and the mail--at least I'm hoping that by telling you it will be up this weekend that I will actually do it!

1 comment:

Amanda Towne said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Jen.