Friday, August 23, 2013

Jim Murphy

 Each August I go to the presentation of the Anne V. Zarrow Award for Young Readers' Literature.  In the past we've gotten to see authors like Kate DiCamillo, Avi, and Phyllis Reynolds Naylor.  This year the award went to Jim Murphy.

 In the spring I saw an announcement that teachers could request books for their students, so I sent in a request for one book.  A month or so later, I got an email that my books were in and when I went to the library there was one box of books waiting for me.  I passed them out to people in our homeschool group and friends.  It was great to get to participate in that part of the program!

 This year they had some Civil War reenactors there to share while we waited in the book signing line.

Mr. Murphy was a great storyteller and took the time to chat with everyone in line.  It was a great evening!

No comments: