Thursday, November 14, 2013

Six Years: Where I Am

 
Six years ago today I started this blog, not really knowing what I was doing, but jumping in anyway because I needed a way to keep Jay in our daily lives while he was on the other side of the world.

Six years have brought a lot of changes: a new baby, a new house, new jobs, and many, many miles on the road.  And as much as things have changed, so many things are still the same: mediocre (but all of us together at home!) dinners, undone chores, all the continual struggles.  And along with those things, lots of really, really great days.  I've made peace with the fact that as fabulous as the life we've chosen is, it's a messy one--sometimes both metaphorically and literally.  (At least I tell myself I have so I can sit here at this messy desk and not have a panic attack about all the things I have on my to-do list.)

This blog gave Jay (and other family and friends) a way to keep up with us, but it's also given me other great opportunities to write and write some more and travel and do things I probably wouldn't have done without someone telling me they'd pay me to do them.  So even though I sometimes feel like I'm behind on things I'd like to share or remember, I'm glad I've kept up with it.

Here's to many more exciting--or honestly, kind of random and mundane--posts!

1 comment:

Shonda said...

Yay! Happy blogaversary! You have such an adorable family!