Sunday, March 2, 2014

Artist Study: Botticelli

 In February we learned about Botticelli.

 Even though he's a really famous artist, there's not a lot on him out there for kids.  We did use our tried and true biography, of course!

 If you couldn't tell by all the sticky notes, we use this one a lot, too!
 
 There is lots of information for each painting in the book.

 I also checked out several art books from the library.

 Discovering Great Artists also had an activity for Botticelli.

 
 Jack with his own art in the round!

We can't see any real Botticellis nearby, but last week we visited our local museum and found some pieces from the same time that were similar.


 We also found some modern round art!

 I turned around and saw Alice looking at this painting and thought it was a very nice image.  When I asked her what she thought about it she said, "I like how this baby is naked except for that little bit of plastic wrap around his waist.  That's nice!"

Next up is Renoir!


1 comment:

Kendra said...

I love seeing all your art study stuff, one day I hope you'll do a "how to" type post! :D