Thursday, December 18, 2014

I Am An Artist

Alice recently rowed I Am An Artist by Pat Lowery Collins.
 
This book is all about using your senses to see what's around you in nature, so we read Me and My Senses and made a picture.
 
We also made cloud dough!  Yes, I made them play with it in the garage.
 
It is a mess!  They loved it, though, and it smells and feels so good!
 
Last week we went on a nature walk at the Sequoyah National Wildlife Refuge.
 
Alice thought these sticks made a good bird talon.
 
She also noticed lots of maple seeds--just like in the book!
 
Of course, you have to find the star in the apple when you read this!
 
She got to take an art class at the museum.
 
Alice used the chalk pastel tutorial from Hodgepodge to make this picture inspired by the end of the book.  I think she did a great job!

No comments: