Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Happy Birthday, Hobo!

It's hard to believe that it was six months ago that this puppy showed up.
 
The kids decided that we would celebrate his birthday on March 23, which we later found out was Puppy Day, so that worked out well!
 
Yesterday on his birthday he got a new collar and a smiley squeak toy.  I will admit that I only bought the toy because I thought it would be really funny looking, but he really enjoys it--though I'm not sure he's ever actually held it in his mouth like it's pictured on the packaging.  (Also, don't order this from Amazon.  We picked Hobo's up at Walmart for about $3.)
 
We celebrated today with a bone cake.

Our neighbors--the very, very nice ones who are letting Hobo stay in their kennel--came over for dinner.
 
They even brought him a present!

Honestly, having a dog is a huge pain right now, but he is so good natured and the kids love him so much that I am glad we have him!

No comments: