Saturday, May 9, 2015

Teacher Appreciation Week

 If you're on Facebook at all, you likely know that this week has been Teacher Appreciation Week, a designated time for parents and students to send gifts, etc. to show how much they appreciate their teachers.  It doesn't really work that way when you're a homeschooler, but I really can't complain, because lately it's been clear to me how much I appreciate this life we have, too.

 I appreciate that when I come in to wake Alice up and find her like this, I can let her stay in bed instead of rushing her through the morning.

 I appreciate that a break from schoolwork might include a horse.

 Of course I appreciate cupcake days!

I appreciate the strange and fun opportunities my kids get, like learning to play the theme from Harry Potter on Pawnee Bill's baby grand piano.

 I appreciate that when I let Jack play in the creek after PE, he always says it's the best day ever.
 I appreciate that my kids can learn at their own pace instead of feeling the pressure of standardized testing, and if Alice wants to give an impromptu reading of her entire Bob Book repertoire at bedtime, there's no need to rush her along so she can get up early the next morning.
I appreciate that these two are friends and get to spend their days together instead of a few hours each evening.

And of course, I appreciate my husband, who works hard to take good care of us so I can stay home and have all the fun!

Happy Teacher Appreciation Week!

No comments: